Thursday, August 21, 2008

FYI

The village I live in is called Song Sa. It is lodged at the base of Jirisan Mountain. It is becoming a very good situation as there is a lot of beautiful scenery in the area (I would highly recommend a scooter to any future ETA's in rural settings). Things have already gotten a little better as I now understand the power of a deck of cards. My sisters could not care less about games (rummy, go fish, etc) but they love seeing me shuffle a deck. I think Han Seul spent two hours trying to mimic my shuffling techniques. Like any good Korean, she practiced extremely hard and is now better than me.

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Haha! Next up: Black Jack, right?

Unknown said...

lol i just caught up on your blog. a homestay!!?!? dang. that's so cool. i hope it's not for a whole year but anyway an interesting experience.
dang, you'll be so fluent in korean by the time i get there, you'll be showing me around wherever we go man.
at this rate, next month you'll be playing BS with those kids. i don't think i know the word for that...

Anonymous said...

I think you should nickname your sister Han Solo, her name is so close... Let me know when you teach them strip poker.

Bethany said...

My host brothers love watching me shuffle as well!!! ^^